[Harp-L] SM57 Collar Noise

I've been playing around with an SM57 and I like the sound I'm getting
from it more than the SM58. But there is a lot of residual noise sent
through the amp, clicking and so forth, from the black plastic collar
that surrounds the end of the mic when I'm handling it. Do folks remove
that, or silence it somehow by packing something around it, or just not
hand-hold the mic? It breaks up pretty nicely when I have everything set
up, and I can cup it without feeding back as well, this is the only
problem I'm trying to overcome with this mic.