Re: [Harp-L] Trouble With Timing

Try to think like a bass player rather than a melody instrument.

Thanks for that idea. I just picked up the book (with CD) "The Working Bassist's Tool Kit". The proof will be in the playing. I plan to start including his "daily rituals" into my practice. It looks like good practical stuff. Who'da thunk it, except that so many players right here who's playing that I enjoy and admire say "listen to other instruments". I'll add "too" since I still have more to learn from harp players than I have years I suspect. But poor timing is a big neon sign blinking "poor player, poor player, ..." over the head of people with undeveloped timing (like me).

I hope to catch you playing tomorrow night. Sometimes life happens when you have other plans, but...

Peace and music,
Dave