Subject: [Harp-L] Purple Haze

Purple haze on harmonica? This I had to hear.

Great job chris. I absolutely loved it!!!!!!!!

Got to give great kudos to chris for a few reasons.

1) he captured the notes, intonation as well as the essence and soul of the song beautifully.

2) He did the whole song without reverb or echo, which is harder to do.

3) he even got the feedback effect at the end and beginning.

Congratulations chris, this is a real paradigm buster.

randy

ps

you might want to reveal what processing you utilitzed, is that a phaser, flanger, ring modulator or alien voicebox?

---------------------------
Message: 7
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:16:25 -0500
From: "Chris Michalek" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

A bunch of people were asking me about playing Purple Haze off list.

A harp in 2nd position.  You will need to hit the 6ob to play it
right.

This is the only recorded version I have.  It's no where near my best
as this recording at the time was my 1st attempt ever.  It was just a
spontaneous thing in the studio.  Now we play it all the time at our
live shows.

This is my trio - Harmonica, Bass and Drums. (Live with no overdubs)

http://www.michalekstrone.com/music/purplehaze.mp3
Chris Michalek