[Harp-L] dry mouth update

In a message dated 4/18/2005 2:44:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
The two bits of advice I liked best were the one about fresh fruit  a
couple of hours before the performance and the one about moving  your
tongue around to different edge positions.

Vern,
Did anyone suggest chewing gum ?  Don't laugh.  Depending on  how crazy u get
when playing, this could work.  I've seen Charlie McCoy  playing while
chewing gum, as well as numerous singers thru the  years.
ron