[Harp-L] Dry mouth

I think I missed most of the thread, so I apologize if this has been suggested, but...

If dry mouth is part of performance anxiety with symptoms that include sweating, heart pounding, anxiety- a type of prescription medication called beta blockers may help. During stressful situations, the body releases hormones that stimulate the heart, raise blood pressure and otherwise prepare the body for fight or flight. Beta blockers reduce the body's response to one of these hormones. They are commonly used for coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, and heart rhythm problems. A single dose taken an hour or two before the stressful situation can be very helpful. They are generally very well tolerated by healthy people, but can cause serious problems in people with asthma or slow heart rates. They are inexpensive. Consult your doctor.....

Jim R