Re: [Harp-L] Delta Frost vs. Soul's Voice

In a message dated 4/18/05 2:35:53 PM, ottoranch@xxxxxxxxx writes:
> The Bushman harps are not expensive for what you get.  They are around
> $25 each but unlike the SP 20, you can replace the reed plates and you
> can even buy the reed plates individually for around $9 making them a
> better value in my book.  But they also play better.

   It's probably not a good idea to make a blanket statement like that on a
subjective topic. Personally, I find t he Delta Frost a little stiff in
response on the lower reeds. I tweaked one for a harp-playing friend who uses it
every weekend in his band and he loves it,   but he plays hard. I still prefer my
SP20s by a wide margin, though I would agree the Delta Frost seems to be
pretty good harp for the buck. I like being able to replace the draw reedplate for
10 bucks.

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb