Re: [Harp-L] no class act

Wait a minute.....$20 in the harp case?!?!?  Come to Cincinnati and see
us play. I promise I'll even wear a nice shirt...and we only take a
10-15 minute break after a 10-12 song set..... :)

 - Blake
http://46long.com

>>> "bloozeharp" <bloozeharp@xxxxxxxxxx> 04/18/05 7:49 PM >>>
this past sat nite I ventured over to a neighboring town to catch one of
the bands (lesser known) that is listed on the gig list. never heard of
them but they had a cool website and looked the part of a bad boy blues
band with the leader being a harp player and vocals. small venue (bar)
with a small but "ready to hear some blues" crowd. I should have stayed
home. you got the feeling the band did not want to be there from the
effort they put into the performance, the sloppy dress, numerous "short
breaks" (of which they certainly did not work hard enough to deserve),
and the fact the harp player had an annoying habit of looking at his
watch while the song was being played. when I go out and and spend my
hard earned money it is not so I can watch a half baked harp player
spend more time sitting at tables talking or watching the guitar player
throw back shots. oh well, at least I didn't have to part with cd money
or the customary $20 in the harp case.