Re: [Harp-L] Re: The 'Flexible Gospel' according to Rob P

<<My statement was taken out of context Larry.  Portnoy's acoustic tone
is very thin.  In fact, his acoustic tone is no match to yours yet
your amplified tone is no match to his.  That's what I'm talking
about.

Howard Levy has the best acoustic I've heard yet his amplified tone
is terrible.  Why is that?>>

Oops, not intending to take out of context. I was just responding to the discussion fat/thin, TB/pucker.
I don't believe Howard "thinks" amplified tone - fat - in his preconceived inner ear. He probably is more concerned with melodic line.
I'm also more interested in developing linear ideas than tone. When I do focus completely on fat amplified, I get a pretty good sound, but it limits my melodic ideas.
I will actually think and play differently depending on which direction I want to take the harmonica.

The Iceman