To: <mnessmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 5:20 PM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Re: The 'Flexible Gospel' according to Rob P

I think James is a 100% TB guy. One of the few that plays fast.

Sugar Blue is a 100% pucker guy and you gotta agree that he's got a
pretty
amazing proficiency in executing fast musical single notes lines
with
intricate bends and has sharp, clear presence of each note.
MN (a dedicated three-embouchure guy)

I prefer pucker over anything else. I TB when I need to but I really don't hear a diffrence in tone when amplified.

I have yet to hear a TBer have as an acoustic as some of the pucker
players.

Yet those same pucker players can't match the TB guys in amplified
tone.  One would think there would be a direct correlation between
acoustic and ampified tone. There seems not to be...

Personally, I have a much bigger and rounder acoustic tone than Jason
Ricci but he absolutely kills me with the amilifier... can't figure
that stuff out.

Chris Michalek

www.michalekstrone.com
CD Available