Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci in the FL Keys

I too attended the show in Key West.  Excellent playing all around.  I concur
that Jason has a harp style that is clearly in the blues vein of harmonica,
but he adds a judicious amount of overblows and such to expand the melody
components.  The best thing about seeing Jason play live is that people in the
audience realize that his harp playing is "different" than typical harp players
adn they connect with it.  Bottom line is that the show was high-energy and
never boring.  Always a difficult thing to do in the blues (i.e. blues garage
bands tend to bore me out the door!).  Anyhow, I hope he comes back to Key West on
a regular basis!

Now I know I am not the only Harp-L member in the Keys anymore!