[Harp-L] bends - up to or down from

After reading an archive post about tuning down hole 7
Draw a semitone I began to wonder not just about
various means to produce a desired note but about the
most strategic places on the harp to allow for bends.
We traditionally play the bends where harp mechanics
dictate. Sometimes this works great but in some
situations other options would be nice.

As an example; if we assume a C harp in standard
tuning we can use on overblow or valved reed to bend
between Bb and B. Flatting the 7 Draw as above lets us
bend between B and C on Blow 7. If playing over the I
chord in 2nd position is it more advantageous to
vascillate between its major and minor 3rd - or
between its major 3rd and perfect fourth. Of course,
considerations change when the chord changes!

There are other places this occurs as well. Get a
country tuned harp and you can wail between the
maj/min 3rd of the 'V' chord. But standard tuning and
a Hole 5 overblow bends between the major 7 and the
tonic...

Maybe some of you guys who double on guitar can chime
in on what you find yourselves more frequently using.
I'm looking for what is more MUSICALLY advantageous;
I'll save the technique comparisons for a latter post.

Paul