Re: [Harp-L] bass harp question pt2

tom ball wrote:

I'm still in a quandary though... ordinarily I would always go Hohner, but I'm just not comfortable with a wood comb for an octave bass. And Huang has a four-month wait.

Hi, Tom.
I have never heard of any complaints about the Hohner Bass having a wooden comb. It might be because of the different playing technique/style, or, more probable, since the dimensions of the body are so much bigger, you need a lot of more moisture to bring it to shrink/expand/warp/crack.

All the best,
Fernando