[Harp-L] What I learned at Jam camp

Since I just got back from Gindick's Jam Camp a few hours ago, I thought I'd make a few very brief comments. Hopefully some other campers will report as well. I can't begin to give a complete account (nor would you want me to try) but just a few of the many things learned included
- there are a couple of techniques (vibrato, bend accuracy and control, effective tongue techniques) that I should really focus on short-term to get the biggest improvement in my playing (in addition to the myriad of other things longer-term to become a more complete player).
- I've overlooked 3rd position too long; I should work with that more to keep my playing fresh.
- a pro backing band can make any harp player sound pretty damn good.
- hearing Gussow and Gruenling blasting horn lines together on a jump blues is freaking awesome.
- harp players are really a great group of friendly, sharing, supportive, committed, and interesting folks, and I'm glad to be part of this group.

I would encorage anyone to take advantage of a jam camp if possible (or a SPAH convention, Master Class, Augusta week, etc.) I feel pretty good about my playing and progress. I think most, if not all, of the other participants do as well. I look forward to my and their future endeavors.

Fred S