[Harp-L] St. Louis Jam Camp

I am relatively new to the harmonica. I have been trying to learn the harp (self taught) and found myself struggling. After reading numerous posts here, I decided to spend some hard earned money on some help, instead of just hanging it up, and attend Jon Gindick's Jam Camp in St. Louis.

Upon arrival, I felt somewhat intimidated with the other harp players that were in attendance. These guys and gals were way over my head. However, as the camp proceeded, I was right at home with the other campers, learning different techniques, for the proficient campers this was probably a refresher, for me it was instruction.

The instructors (Jon Gindick, Adam Gussow, Dennis Gruenling, John Costa and Dave Mulford of the Piping Hot Biscuits of Blues) were phenomenal, and really spent the time with each camper to help them learn and develop the skills they were seeking to acquire. The ultimate close to the Jam Camp was the Sunday Jam. The local band (The Piping Hot Biscuits of Blues) supported each camper in the Jam session. WOW - Unbelievable!

This is definitely an event that Harmonica players of all skill levels, looking to move to the next level, should attend. Jon et al, thank you very much for the most enjoyable and instructional weekend! I'll be back!

Mike