[Harp-L] RE: Shakin' Smith

Michael Fugazzi, you said pretty much what I said in my 1st post after I listened to the MP3s on the site. I agree with you.

I think Shakin' Smith sounded like a fine player from the MP3s on his site, clearly influenced by SBWII, but I didn't think he broke much new ground based on the MP3s on the site.

*And I think that's OK*

I'm pretty much a blues harp guy. I most enjoy the way blues harp fits in as part of the whole, interacting with the groove, calling and responding to others in the band, acting as a rhythm instrument, taking the melody, etc, etc, etc.

While as a harp player I try to keep up with some of the newer approaches to the instrument (from a sort of - gee whiz, how'd he do THAT? maybe I can work that into the music I hear in my head - perspective), I have to admit that some of the newer approaches don't really grab me - but hey, that's personal preference.

Andy Vincent