Re: [Harp-L] Devils & Dust

Bill,

I'm interested in hearing too, Springsteen came to hear me one night back in 1971 at The Plaza Theatre in Linden, New Jersey. I opened the show playing Gtr and Racked harp and Bruce came up to me backstage and started asking some harp questions and told me he played some racked harp too! At the end of the concert I asked Bruce to come out and Jam, but he wasn't famous then, so the audience had no idea WHO they were hearing jam on guitar,-) He jammed on 'Jeff's Boogie' and 'Everyday I have the Blues'.

He also invited me to come down and Jam with him as he was doing an open Jam evrer Tues at a club in Asbury called the Stone Pony.....I never went as I was too busy at the time, college, workin' and my own blues band....two or 3 years later I was walking down the street and saw his picture on the cover of TIME and NEWSWEEK.

I thought to myself, ahhhh the tuesday nights must have really worked out for him,-)))!!!!!

If your a real "Bruce" head you can checkout the link below:

http://www.brucebase.shetland.co.uk/gig1970.htm

You'll have to page down to the date 07/08/71 that's the night I first met Bruce and we opened for him at
"The Sunshine In" with my band The Pyschotic Blues Band.

Page down some more to the 23/11/71 and you'll see some info of the concert of mine he came to and jammed at later that year.

ah the good ol' dayz!,-)
best,
rob paparozzi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Hines" <billhines4@xxxxxxxxxxx>