Re: [Harp-L] Acid Laced Burps (killing harmonicas???)

Dismantling the harp then Toothbrush, 70°Alcool, mouthwash. Then, cleaning everything. Then, tuning, then gapping then put everything back together, gap at tiny lil bit and that's it.

Looks long to reed but quick to do and , heu, well, I 'm a bit fuzzy with my harps. I like them as clean as possible.
I also have the habit to rub the mouthpiece against my legs and all my trousers have the mark of the 2 reed plates edges lol! Hey, that's true!

With wooden comb, I, may have, sometime (pretty rare, happened only once) to re-seal it.

I also learn, from Tony Ramos, few weeks ago, that we should put chromed plates only on aluminium combs. I was used to put standard MS reed-plates on my meisterklasse (when I was still using them, nearly 3 years ago) and Tony eplxained to me that the chemical reaction between brass and aluminium is very very nocive for human health.

What a surprise for me. Maybe it did attack my brain and I am thinking with my brain, as well and as most of people (lol), and so I was thinking I was fine, but now, I'm wondering!! HU??

Anyway, I always consider cleaning harmonicas as a very important part of the playing. I can't feel comfortable on a green gungy sticking stinky harp!! yerk! Unless I wanna turn the mouthpiece into round holes??? Yerk again! I let you try that and you'll relate me then after!!

Froggy

Steve Macmillan <steviemacmillan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--- Bob Cohen wrote:
> :-) Harp Content: How do acid laced burps affect
> the reeds?

I'm just curious how y'all take care of your harps
after a gig. I have a cloth that I wipe mine down
with. Also wipe off my mike (not that it really needs
it).

Anyone do anything really extreme or have any tips?