[Harp-L] Little Walter tribute at Jazzfest

I am amazed no one else from Harp-L has posted about this (even more amazed if I was the only one from Harp-L there), but at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival on Sunday, there was a "Tribute to Little Walter", hosted by "Jumpin'" Johnny Sansone and featuring James Cotton, Charlie Musselwhite, Carey Bell and Jerry Portnoy. Each player (including Sansone, a New Orleans player who's not as well known as the others but most definitely in their league) played about three or four songs apiece, and then everyone came up on stage together and played about three songs.

It was truly a classic set, if for no other reason than the assemblage of these five names on stage at one of the greatest annual music events in the world.  As someone standing in front of me right by the stage said, "This is like the Super Bowl of blues harmonica."  I took a bunch of pictures and will try to post them online soon.

Scott

*** Music schedule, pics, sound files and more at http://www.scottalbertjohnson.com/ ***