[Harp-L] Re: bass harp question

Thanks, Michelle, for your input (and for the kind words!) <g> Sounds like you're having just as much fun with your new bass as I hope to with mine.

You're right indeed about the wood vs plastic issue -- Ideally I would've liked to find a bass with the Hohner's bronze bell-metal reeds and a plastic comb, but alas, one cannot combine those two features w/o a lot of custom work. Oh well... maybe down the road if I get truly serious.

Actually I'm looking forward to the challenge of a new beast -- been awhile since I've taken on anything new and different. In fact even though mine won't arrive for a week or more, I've just spent the last three hours studying the layout of the two decks and charting all 12 scales in major, then natural minor, then harmonic minor, for later reference and practice. You might say I'm obsessed. :)

Anyhow, stay in touch and keep us posted? Will do same.

cheers and all best,

Tom