[Harp-L] 12 bar vs. country blues

First time poster here - and no this is not weighing in on Shakin' Smith
<<G>>.  I'm 40% of the way there to mastering the blues harp according to
Gindick's "5 minutes to play and 5 years to master".  Am most at home playin
cross harp to the 12 bar blues and am just starting to venture into other
genres, have just joined a country blues band - Memphis Jug Band, Blind
Blake stuff etc. and I find it incredibly difficult when compared to the 12
bar blues.  I think it's the change patterns, but it feels like it is not
just the difference in changes. I can't really tell if 2nd position is the
way to go.

Any suggestions out there on how to speed up the country blues learing
curve.  Am an avid Harp-l reader - and for a dedicated novice, this site is
so valuable.

Also want to plug Gindicks's Jam Camps - I attended the Austin Camp in '04
and became a raging harp junkie after that, or as my wife says... "it was
all downhill from there". For beginners, it has more to do with joining
community and overcoming fears than it has to do with technique and
training.

Also thanks to Johnny T for his recommending Grant Dermody's new CD,
"Crossing that River". I cannot stop listening to this guy - catchy tunes /
many genres / amazing talent Wow!

big blues jones