From: samblancato [mailto:samblancato@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 4:17 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Rod Piazza - on second thought...

Hey Folks,

You know, on second thought I have to say there were a lot of rather sucky
things about this Piazza show. They got started about 10:00 rather than 9:00
when there supposed to start.  I talked to the manager about it and he told
me they had vehicle trouble and were delayed. They also had trouble with the
bass amp and its line in to the PA - it buzzed for a while.  They were
actually a little pissed about it, and rightly so.  That took them about 15
min. to fix.  Rod also had trouble with his vocal mic during the first and
2nd song. I don't know if this can be attributed to the sound man or what
but Rod had to leave the stage during a guitar solo and go to the board and
work it out with him. The band was also a little too loud. Also, the band
only played one set albeit a long one - about 12-15 songs - and one encore.
There was also an opening act, a band I never heard of that sort of sucked
(with the exception of the guitarist who really seemed to have some talent).
There was a harp player how didn't seem to know what he was doing. We had to
listen to about 10 songs with these guys.

So, yeah, there were some things about the show that sort of sucked, and yes
I guess it basically amounted to one long set.  I hope next time he comes
around here (September I believe) they give a better show.  I mean they were
good; what they gave was of great quality.  But for $20 a ticket, they could
have played a little longer and a little softer. I guess everybody has off
nights and stupid problems to contend with when touring - and it happened
here in beautiful south western Pa. this time.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh