[Harp-L] harp-l health & EV RE-10

Hey list,

 just a note to say how cool it is that harp-l is going so strong after a few
years of technical problems & the resulting lack of intetrest. I have been a
professional player for a while, but I still glean a LOT of info. from this
group. There seems to be more activity here lately than at any time since I've
been a member (4 or 5 years?)
  It would be even cooler if we could all refrain from getting personal in
our "I think this way & I know I'm right--You are just  stupid to disagree "
knee-jerk-reaction posts!!!!!!  -  many of which seem to me to  mis-interpret the
original post.

Maybe we should cool out before we start typing.

 Anyway,
 I have been really digging the sound of my EV RE-10. It took a while, but
now that I am used to it, it is my favorite mic. I like the fact that it sounds
good for a rich, thick un-processed blues tone, but it also works very well
with effects - much better than my bullet mics. I do have a couple of bullets
that were put together by Dennis Gruenling & sound fantastic for straight -into-
the- amp blues tone . The RE-10 I got from Mr. Microphone, Dennis Oellig,
sounds great  for the more processed sounds I use in a rock context- less muddy,
better tracking, less tone loss. Maybe one of the tech guys here can explain
to us why that is.

 BTW, both Dennis' (Denii?) are a pleasure to do business with.

later, Rosco
maybe august