Subject: RE: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Echo Vamper

Steve Shaw writes:

"Thank you to all for advice on removing the corrosion spots from the
covers.
The clincher was G affirming that the covers are solid metal,  not plated.
I've succeeded in not only making the harp comfortable in  the mouth but also
not looking too bad at all - in the end I used a fine  brass wire brush that
came with my rotary drill, proceeding very gingerly  for about ten minutes
per plate.  This removed the roughness without  dulling the metal surface.
Result - one brilliant harp on which I can  play melodies an octave lower
than on the regular C 10-hole.
Steve"

....Glad you got it worked out, Steve -- while out at Buckeye I realized I
needed jewelry silver cleaner - and found MAAS Metal Polishing Creme at the
Local Supermarket - comes in a tube, works on all metals and claims  to "remove
years of residue, rust, tarnish & oxidation from all metals and  more
(crystal, glass, acrylic, marble, formica, etc.)".  Just not sure you  have access to
it in Ireland, but their website is: _www.maasinc.com_
(http://www.maasinc.com) .   I then decided to  use it to polish up my harmonicas.  The acid test was
when Jimmy  Gordon actually told me my old E-Bay bought 10-hole Chromonica
was remarkably clean.  So that's my formula from now on:  old  toothbrush,
wooden toothpicks, rubbing alcohol and Maas - and a good polishing  cloth.  Works
for me, :-)
Elizabeth