[Harp-L] Tongue Blocking?

Anyone here ever hear of Nubuo Yagi, or Ryuichiro Senoo, of Japan? They played harp for the band "The Seatbelts", a group put together for the Cowboy Bebop series of anime (Japanese animation).

My seventeen-year-old son has asked me to teach him how to play harp, and he played a sample of these guys, and I'm teaching him all <I> know, but I don't use tongue-blocking, just "pucker", except when doing octaves, and from what I'm hearing, there's something they're doing that cannot be done without using tongue-blocking techniques.

The cut I'm referring to is "Spokey Dokey", off the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack album.

My son created a link to it on his website. Here's the link:

http://dmlcomputers.com/soffish/misc/seatbelts-spokeydokey.mp3