RE: Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Harp practice (warning--long)

One that wasn't mentioned.  Practice doesn't have to be boring.  I
learned from Bela Fleck that one needs to practice with the same
intensity and dynamics as a live performance.  Non-chalantly running
scales up and down your instrument in the practice room will come out
on the stage.

Practice the scales in groups ie: 3 note groups or five note groups
etc... play hard and play soft.  practice getting a full tone at
whisper volumes. Practice slow and fast and medium tempos.  Bela
always practiced with a mentronome.  I personally think he's a bit
too anal about the metronome thing but then again people outside of
this list know him better than me so what do I know?

Chris Michalek

www.michalekstrone.com
CD Available
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/michalekstrone