[Harp-L] Harp-L's New Birthday!

Missed my chance to send this earlier... updating AntiVirus protection always
turns into multi-day events when one dares be careful of emailing!!  >sigh<

But, I had marked the momentous date, in hope, nah... in faith, that we would
make it thru another year, a NEW year, with invigorated hardware, software
and "hard&soft" manager-ware. ;)  And we did it!  [Of course!]

A little sad, maybe, missing old dawn patrol days of helping newbies
subscribe or get acclimated, confabbing behind the scenes over technical and
financial survival... well... not really!!!  Automation is quite fine when
it's well-setup and works a treat, as Ben and fjm [and some others, of
course] have demonstrated with great zeal.

One of the most enlightened aspects, not always shared by the operational
cogs of other Net lists, but one I've always pressed for here, is made
manifest by our current administrators... cooperative self-governing of
conduct among members.  Content restriction in groups can only go so far
before it becomes dictatorial, and the beauty of Harp-L is that it strives to
allow any freedom that generally leads to productivity without anarchy,
recognizing how dynamic input contributes to harmonica's future potential
with respect for, and without diluting, what past brought us here.

Harp-L is hardly new, beginning actually on October 6, 1992, and thanks to
Chris Pierce's vision, has managed to make it this far.  But, surely, if such
a thing could be reborn, Harp-L did just that at 8:08pm on July 30, 2004!!!
And it has bounced back stronger than ever in many ways, with quite a few
improvements yet to come.

So, raise a glass to Harp-L, and thanks to a number of individuals and SPAH
for resurrecting us several times over in order to keep growing, improving,
informing, and expanding the amazing, wonderful world of Harmonica!!

Happy "FIRST" Birthday, HARP-L!!!
Many glorious returns of the day!

=[BOBBIE]=
||  h a r p  s p o k e n  h e r e  || SPAH Members Support Harp-L! ||