[Harp-L] Re: Meteor

A Meteor is my main big amp. I have heard Hummel play using one. To me, it sounds huge and projects just fine.

Jim R

On Aug 1, 2005, at 10:20 AM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 14
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:17:48 +0000
From: billhines4@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Meteor
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Wow, that's the first time I've heard that about the Meteor. Even the highly critical and outspoken Sonny Jr. admits it's a good amp (but of course, he prefers the ones he makes, haha). As Sonny Jr. says, to each his own as far as the amp and sound, but this is the first time I've heard "thin" used to describe the Meteor, I've only heard good things to date (both on the list and when asking people individually).

I saw Hummel blow through that Meteor recently as well, and I can say is was anything but thin. Perhaps it was the room you saw him in or some other factor? Or maybe you have a better ear than I, or more discerning tastes, but to me it sounded excellent.

I have no association w/Meteor, other than I was just interested at one time but lacking funds so I was paying attention to comments and searching the web for opinions.

Saw Mark Hummel and Johnny Dyer a couple of months go. They both blew
through his Meteor. Mark is a tough player, but the amp sounded thin and
didn't seem to project well. Johnny's tone sounded a little bigger.
Wasn't that impressed with it.