Re: [Harp-L] A Truly Sad Situation!

I may have missed some messages, but I don't understand where this all came from. Where is the "amp war" people were trying to "start" and all that? I really didn't see anything crazy out of line and don't understand why Sonny Jr was upset and now we have all these long dramatic "can't we all get along" messages of peace, love, and understanding.

The only thing I can think of is that someone said the Meteor sounded thin, that's no big deal and nothing to get upset about. It's an opinion, he wasn't trashing it. maybe it was what was happening that night, or just that person's ear, who knows.  I responded that I was surprised since I liked how it sounded when I heard it from the same player (Hummel). I also said that even Sonny Jr, who is clearly a very tough critic (and that's a GOOD thing) and the smartest amp tech on this list as far as I can see, said it's a good amp (and I threw in that of course, like anyone else, he prefers his own and many do). Is there anything wrong with that, or are people over-reacting and hyperactive about my comment or someone else's? I'm alll parnoid here that I may have inadvertently started some kind of trouble, but read my post, there's nothing bad there, seriously. If I'm responsible for Sonny Jr. leaving (maybe he got mad because I used his name in conjunction with another amp??) then I'm just crushed. I value his long and critical posts here as I learn a great deal from them. anyway, if it was me, apologies, but there must be something else. as far as the original meteor post, geez, we have to allow folks to say that they liked or didn't like something here, it's the objective, opininated advice that is so valuable (and YES, testing something for yourself too!!!!). We can't have people afraid to say anything opinionated (as long as they are tactful), or we lose much of what makes this list (and free speech) so important.