RE: [Harp-L] SPAH -- Who's Going?

Well as much as I would like to say I'll be there to show y'all how
our funky little instrument is supposed to be played. :-)  Chances
are very good that I will not be there.  I have this little thing
called pneumonia and I haven't been handling it very well to the
point where I've been told not to play for at least six weeks.

So I'm hanging out in the heat convalescing as I think about how much
fun it would have been to be the hurricane at the jazz jam, trading
licks with Howard and his Ocarina, starting fights with Buzz Krantz,
bringing certain "god-status" harp players to frustration and tears
when challenged because it's thought that I can't play blues", seeing
all of my old friends, drinking yugoslavian plum brandy,  magical
moments during private in-room jam sessions with people I've never
met, the icy stares from people I've pissed off in the past,  buying
coffee for Filisko (he really likes that), thinking about buy coffee
for FJM who is a bigger coffee snob than Filisko, freaking out Brad
Harrison by eat of his plate, driving around aimlessly looking for a
restaurant that is still open at 4am, having Winslow give me lessons
on phrasing until the sun comes up, getting my own room while paying
for half because somebody thinks I snore, having serious conversation
with people like Ben Nathanson only to get blown away by how much
he's improved in the past year,  meeting some punk kid that can
overblow better than me, stealing $5 bottles of water from the maid
cart and not sleeping for a week!

I'm gonna miss you all!!