Re: [Harp-L] Baroque Music on Chromatic?

The chromatic is "up to" baroque. It has already been proven many times in
the past. And you have the skill to prove this to yourself. You just need to
take the time to practice with the chromatic, since you will be working more
blindly than you are on the recorder. The first step to get you there is a
love of the music and a desire to make it work on your instrument. Once you
have the desire to make it work, then you will just need to practice to
build proficiency.
 It may be difficult to find a proficient baroque player at SPAH, but you
never know. Just because someone is known for a particular style of music
does not mean that they do not play others.
  I also love classical music and baroque is one of my favorite periods,
though I tend to build my versions of pieces for demonstration purposes on
the diatonic harmonica or arrange the piece for my personal pleasure on the
guitar. My repertoire is limited and is, as they say, "not according to
Hoyle", but it gets the job done for what I want. However, if we have time,
I would be glad to try reading a simple piece or two with you if you would
like, if you can stand my reading.
 We'll have to see how much time we have once we get there. This year is
sounding pretty full.
 Cara Cooke
www.cyberharp.isonfire.com <http://www.cyberharp.isonfire.com>