Re: [Harp-L] BASSMAN

Whoa there brother Blackhat...calm down!   ~I'll explain~

I wasn't knocking it, just giving my 2 cents worth. Almost any amp will do
the job- if you have the chops- even solid state!  But I think we both know
which amp over the long haul is likely going to need more money invested,
and which one will hold its value, and more importantly sound better in 50
years. To me that factors heavily into what is a "sensible" purchase. IMO
that makes the SJ410 a bargain. He's not going to be making them forever, I
got one while I could.

I'm the furthest thing from an amp "snob" as you'll find, I like 'em ALL,
even the console record player stereo I got at a garage sale because it had
a 1/4" mic input! I can't load it up and take it to a jam very easy though
without help...

It's like the lady at church that told me one time what an expensive "toy"
my old Harley was. I looked at her Taurus with steely bloodshot eyes, and
coldly replied that my bike was money in the bank, while her p.o.s. 15000
dollar sedan will be worth zilch at trade-in time. I drive a rusty 20+ year
old pickup, and spent some money where I will enjoy it the rest of my life.
Guess where that money came from? The previous "wise investment/toy" Harley,
and I had money to reinvest in something else. Before that it was firearms-
Y2K didn't require as many as I was hoping, so they turned into chopper
parts, which turned into the amp eventually. I have worked hard since I was
a teenager for what I have- my comment was "save your money"- meaning
literally save for it. Give up smoking and Pepsi for a year, cable TV,
whatever it takes. We live in a Wal-Mart society, but I fight that as much
as I can, sometimes spending more initially for something that will be
around for awhile.

The fact is that LW didn't play through a '59 RI either, and I never heard
of SB playing through an amp, so are you gonna sell yours and find a crappy
little amp to play through or play accoustic? :)

Don't know why you assumed you needed to remind me about chops, but yeah I
agree, even MORE so with the 410, it doesn't cover anything up. I really
should be practicing instead of hanging out around the computer, see ya in
the funny papers