Re: [Harp-L] resonance and higher key harps

I agree with moparjoe that it definitely is something that can be  worked on,
without a doubt. To paraphrase what Chris says, your natural  body timbre is
going to resonate best with certain key harps. But with practice  you can
adjust your resonant chamber to be in tune with most key harps. Above  regular F
and below low D can be very tough, but my resonant range can  accommodate
pretty much any key harp between and including those two. High  G can be fun but I
have problems with F# for some reason. Practice  with all of them. Sing in
pitch with the harp if you can, even in big falsetto  if you have to. What your
throat lungs and diaphragm feel like while you're  singing in key is somewhat
in the neighborhood of what they should  feel like when you're playing the same
key harp. Tune yourself.

T. Albanese

In a message dated 8/4/2005 6:38:37 P.M. Central Standard Time,