[Harp-L] RIP Little Milton

  Damn.  Another man done gone.  But I guess 2 strokes in 1 week will do that to ya.  Raise one for Lil Milt this weekend folks ...

      Little Milton Passes Away at 71 2005-08-04 14:05:48
      Blues guitarist "Little" Milton Campbell passed away at 7:30AM this morning at the age of 71. Last Friday, Campbell suffered a stroke; he remained hospitalized in a coma until his death. Often compared to B.B. King, Little Milton was born James Milton Campbell in Inverness, MS in 1934. The son of blues musician and sharecropper Big Milton, Little Milton patented his own electric mix of Chicago blues, soul and R&B, emerging as one of the 1960s' bestselling blues musicians. During his nearly five decades of performance, Milton recorded for both Chess and Stax, working with such luminaries as Sonny Boy Williamson II, Ike Turner and Sam Phillips. After discovering a half-brother who shared his name, he legally shortened his name to Milton Campbell. An inductee into the W.C. Handy Blues Hall of Fame, Little Milton performed on Gov't Mule's Jammy-winning version of "Soulshine." In March, Little Milton joined the Allman Brothers onstage at t he Beacon Theater on two occasions, including a run through his song "The Blues is Alright."
      "Little Milton was a true friend," Warren Haynes told Relix. "We met about six years ago when we collaborated for his album Welcome To Little Milton. Since then we played together many times, as recently as this year. At 71 he was playing and singing better than ever. As a person, I always found him to be sincere and a real gentleman, which is not always the case when you meet your heroes. His influence on the blues world and the rock & roll world runs so much deeper than most of us realize. He will be sorely missed."

      For more information please visit www.littlemilton.com