[Harp-L] RE: The bands, the differences, the tube setups!

Hey Bill Hines,

	Here's an article written by Tom Ellis.
http://www.harmonicamasterclass.com/article2.htm Which is called "The Amp
Dance, How to Turn Lead Into Gold" This is a must read. It comes from Sonny
Jr.'s webpage: www.sonnyjr.com, go to Links and check out Sonny Jr.'s stuff.
The article is all info gained from Tom being a clever student of Sonny Jr.
and Dave Barrett. SJ is the greatest harp blowin' technician the world has
ever seen. His product from top to bottom is loaded. The amp is the biggest
break-through in modern amp history. The guy is an absolute genius. A
walking history book of the blues, mics, amps, speakers, and playin'. He
once played over the telephone for me just before he shipped my amp, so I
could hear it before it went into the custom delivery box which you get with
the amp. It's his design (the shipping box, too) and it's built like Fort
Knox. Anyway, his riffs made the hair on my arms stand at attention! This
article by Tom is only a half of the info you get once you purchase the amp.
He has created a Users Manual that has the best layout of any instrument or
amp manual possible. It has graphic colorful pictures, info, info, info. I
read it like it was a novel. I often go back and read sections before I try
some new experiment. It's a road map to "Amp Bliss"!
	People have no idea of how important this man is to those who play
amplified. He is also just a tremendous man. He loves life and life begins
when you understand his amp magic. Tom is a worthy disciple! I got my SM545
from him. He got me an absolute stick of dynamite! He spent time with me
tuning me in to make sure I got just the right mic for me and the amp. Tom
plays an SJ410, as well. He's going to customize a Horner Blues Blaster into
a Master Blaster for me. The Horner Blues Blaster is not really a blaster,
but an adequate mic for light stuff. My SM545 seems to be almost impossible
to feedback unless you point the mic directly into the face of the amp when
it is at sevens. And, the other secret to these amps are that every dial
presence, middle, treble, bass, bright and normal volumes are multi-faceted
when you use his tube setup system, which is "The System", "Sonny's System"!
He has made an amp that is so special that his list has bout 81 different
setups for this amp. But, mathematically, it actually has more due of course
to Tom's thing, mics. Then we throw pedals into the fray!
	I have gotten everything extra from SJ. The Boss RV5 and a bias
meter and the prices are righteous. He is certainly not in it for the money.
He's in it for the satisfaction. If you by the amp get the bias meter and
reverb pedal from SJ. And, finally before I feel like a convert (Okay,
actually, I am!)Customer service is probably his most amazing add-on to the
amp, because each amp is one of his babies and so he is the most responsible
customer relations person ever. He exudes pride, confidence and honesty. Who
knows the product, the subject, and his amps better? No One!
	When you buy his amp you purchase a bit of history! Remember, there
is an eventual end to him actually making them. His successor will only be a
mere slice of what the master was. And, the idiot who tries to mass produce
them will only give us an imitation. Like RI Bassman! I'm always excited
with my amp because I know that it extends what I can do. It enhances my
groove! But, if you ain't got it (chops, licks, whatever you want to call
them) talent! This amp will show you up because it will project whatever you
are attempting! Let the buyer beware, this amp will either put you over the
top, or it might cause you to want to stop! The price was right. I believe
because I always here stories about cost. If only I had mine years ago I
wouldn't have bought a bunch of Bassman and RI's, preamps, other guitar amps
that overdrive for them (guitar players) but just never truly did it for me.
I believe it will save people money. The sooner you get one, only vanity and
a deep pocket book would have you go by another amp. This SJ410 is so
versatile that it can be played like Robert Palmer said "From a whisper to a
scream!"

Be good!

Rockin' Ronny

P.S. - headroom is that space, condition which exists to get the crunch, the
overdrive. This amp has headroom at the standard setting, but by dropping
the tubes value you get more space until it could possibly get muddy. Which
is a warning, and a situation which I have never provoked. Why drop the
bottom out? I get a growl that makes people shudder at a moderate setting!