Subject: RE: [Harp-L] resonance and higher key harps

Chris Michalek writes;

" think everybody has a natural resonating tone.  What key do  you
speak in?  For me, I speak in the key of E and the lowest  possible
tone I can create with good resonance is A.  It's no surprise  to me
that my music sounds best to me when I play in those two keys.

I  can really hear the diffence when I blow through and amp.  E
especially  sounds great and it doesn't matter what style of music I
am  playing...."

....well now, I never ever gave a moment's thought to what "key" I  naturally
spoke or sang in.  I wonder how many other people (besides me)  you sent
running to their keyboards or other instruments to figure out their  speaking
"keys"?  I'm still at a loss, though -- since I'm now so  self-conscious I'm
pitching my voice all over the place and can't  decide just where my "normal" key
is!  So I suppose I'll have to let  someone else listen for me.  Very
interesting premise...

Elizabeth