Re: [Harp-L] resonance and higher key harps

Chris Michalek wrote:
I think everybody has a natural resonating tone.  What key do you
speak in?  For me, I speak in the key of E and the lowest possible
tone I can create with good resonance is A.  It's no surprise to me
that my music sounds best to me when I play in those two keys.

I can really hear the diffence when I blow through and amp.  E
especially sounds great and it doesn't matter what style of music I
am playing....

That's an interesting take. I've always based the key choice on what key works best for my voice on a song. I mostly choose a key where the highest note in the song is E or F above middle C. Sometimes I'll go lower if I want a different effect, e. g. "Hoochie Coochie Man" in E.

BTW, I like the F harp. Works great on Joe Turner tunes or any other blues in C.

--
Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly

Yes, it's what everyone has been clamoring for--pictures of the cats:

http://ratemykitten.com/my/?gallery=willie_mctell