Re: Subject: RE: [Harp-L] resonance and higher key harps

Chris Michalek wrote:
The way I figured it out was to listen to a recording of myself
talking and then figured out what key I was talking in E.  Then I
tried to figure out what notes I could make my body comfortably
produce - Low A three octaves below middle C to an E three octaves
above middle C.

Are you sure about the three octave thing? For a baritone voice the E above middle C is usually the highest note you'll see in choral music and the lowest note is somewhere between the E and G in the octave below the C below middle C. It's more or less the range between high and low strings on a guitar in standard tuning. Operatic arias will stretch it a bit, particularly on the high end.

-- Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly

Yes, it's what everyone has been clamoring for--pictures of the cats:

http://ratemykitten.com/my/?gallery=willie_mctell