Re: [Harp-L] responder reed harps

Nobody doubts Will Scarlett had the enabler reed concept before any of the other people that have been mentioned. Having an idea and getting to the marketplace with it are two entirely different things. Winslow's talked in the past about Rick Epping's signature being in Will's patent log but I don't recall ever hearing that Brendan had any of that information. Once you've got the conceptual picture of how a bend works the rest of it halls in place. I wou;dn't be surprised to hear Pat Missin had ideas in this direction or the Huang brothers. fjm