From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joel Fritz
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 9:45 AM
To: harpl
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] resonance and higher key harps

That's an interesting take. I've always based the key choice on what key works best for my voice on a song. I mostly choose a key where the highest note in the song is E or F above middle C. Sometimes I'll go lower if I want a different effect, e. g. "Hoochie Coochie Man" in E.

BTW, I like the F harp. Works great on Joe Turner tunes or any other blues in C.