RE: [Harp-L] cheapo amp?

Hello harp players. I'm new to the list ... this is my first posting here.

Bill Hines suggested going to Richard Hunters website and checking out his recommendation for an inexpensive amp, the Crate VC508. I bought one of these at Guitar Center for $120, changed the preamp tube from a 12AX7 to a 12AU7 and it sounds great for harp and doesn't feedback much. I use a cheap Johnson analog delay pedal (they are all over eBay) and the combo sounds great. If you are interested, check out the sound files on my website at www.geocities.com/bottle_o_blues for an example using this rig.

Recently I bought a Line 6 Pod 2.0 amp modeler and I love this thing. Anyone else using one of these for harp? I use it as a direct box straight into the PA. I have a sound sample at the same website as above.

Jim McBride