RE: [Harp-L] Re: cheapo amp?

Speaking of this amp, does anybody have any experience with the 15w version,
the Epiphone Valve Special Combo, that I see going for $219 at
musiciansfriend.com? It looks like a nice amp with a little more power than
the Junior.

Am I an idiot, though?  I have a wonderful 1965 Fender Deluxe that I've used
for years.  Why would I want another amp?  To answer that...maybe...my
Fender Deluxe is too clean sounding.  The only time I get it to breakup is
when I'm really cranking it in a jam and cupping my JT-30 for all my life to
prevent feedback.  Then it sounds real nice.

I suppose the best thing for me to do is get my amp to a good amp doctor and
tweak it to sound more like a Champ.  Although I'm a computer genius [:-)]
I'm not very knowledgeable about tubes and circuitry.  Would simply changing
a tube make my Deluxe more Champ sounding?

I read through Richard Hunter's great information about amps and effects
(thanks a lot Richard) so I just bought a delay pedal off ebay.  Probably
not the best (an Echo Analog) but cheap enough at $49 to test out my first
delay pedal.  That, of course, will bring up my next post.

Robert G.