RE: [Harp-L] Re: cheapo amp?

"Robert Gaustad" wrote:
Speaking of this amp, does anybody have any experience with the 15w
version, the Epiphone Valve Special Combo, that I see going for $219 at
musiciansfriend.com? It looks like a nice amp with a little more power
than the Junior.

I've tried the Epiphone Galaxie 10, and did not like it a bit for either
harp or strumstick (a 3-stringed instrument tuned to an open
root-5th-octave root).  I'd make sure to either try before you buy, or
buy from someone who'll let you return the amp, no questions asked (like
Musiciansfriend.com or americanmusicalsupply.com).

Regards, Richard Hunter