Re: [Harp-L] Mojo reds MB review

I received a Hohner MBDL in march 2005 during the Frankfurter Messe.
The looks were indeed as described.....wonderful.

After playing the harp for half an hour the wood started swelling a bit .
The reeds had some deep scratching marks from tuning.
The gapping was o.k. and overblowing/overdraw wasn't a problem.

The comb is now replaced by Hohner because they had some qualtity problem
with the first batch but now everything seems to be o.k.

I retuned the harp to a compromised tuning. After that I embossed
(narrowed ) the reedslots, change the reed curves and regapped all reeds.

I agree with Ken that now it's a custom harp but it takes some time (appr. 1
hour) to set it up to your likings(and some experience of course).

I own a few Tony Ramos harps and compared these with the MBDL...
The Ramos harps are a bit louder/brighter and "feel" more airtight.....they
are also better tuned tha n a standard MBDL

But a HMBDL costs in Europe 40 euros and a Ramos harp +/- 120 to 140 euro...

I realy have to mention that Tony's harps are top instruments in every
detail and worth the money.
I got the chance to play a new Sleigh harp and Ramos harps are (to me) as
good as a Sleigh....

BUT....all these harps are worth the money !!!!

www.marbletones.com
www.marble-amps.com
www.harmonicainstituut.nl