==============

From: jon kip <jonkip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: August 7, 2005 3:45:30 PM EDT
To: randy singer <randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

thanks for the advice....I'm getting a late start on harmonica...been working out here for forty years in studios and 'broadway' shows as a woodwind player...oboe, sax, clarinet, flutes...and last year there were two shows that had what they told me was "a few harmonica notes"......

they lied..a week before we opened the first show (110 in the shade, pasadena playhouse) , the director said that,  instead of five notes, they wanted me to play four entire tunes as part of the show..........so I got some advice, bought a kilo of 270s, sent half of them to  Bill Romel to make them work, and spent five or six days figuring out the basics of the tunes.

It actually worked out pretty well, we finished the year with "Paint Your Wagon"...with  harmonica parts  added to the oboe/clarinet book, and I had so much fun that I've been harping away for the last year and a half....

and for the record, the chromatic  harmonica is THE hardest horn I've had to learn..no question.. .....and the most fun....

go figure..

http://www.randysinger.com
http://www.randyandnatasha.com