[Harp-L] re: harp the hardest instrument

I don't know about chromatic playing or overblowing.  For diatonic playing,
after a couple of years I could figure out a lot of Butterfield and Sonny
Terry. Rudimentary yes, not professional caliber but I had an idea of what they
were doing. After 20 years of piano I still can barely play rudimentary rock and
roll. Sure I  can noodle Doors riffs, I can play chords, but full on Jerry Lee
Lewis, never mind Johnny Johnson or Mead Lux Lewis--forget it. Hard for me to
coordinate both hands and hard for me to make those jumps without looking.

There is no easy instrument. Most instruments require you to play for years
before you can get a decent sounding note. Harp you can get a nice note right
away. Takes some of the frustration out of the learning process.

And luckily we don't have to have a 9 pound guitar strapped around our shoulder
for hours on end, don't need to lug in a van full of drums, don't need to get a
second mortgage for a decent violin, and we don't have to make that awful guitar
face when we bend notes.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm