[Harp-L] Single reed bend (simple question)

Folks

I have posted my question earlier, but did not get an
answer so I give it a try again. Lets take hole number
1 for example on a 10 hole diatonic harmonica. There
is a valve on the lower reed, so this cannot
participate in a blow bend. Why does the sound become
deeper in picth (lower frequency) if I (blow) bend it
down?

OR

Lets take hole nr 1 again with the upper reed blocked
(overblow situation). I blow the draw reed. Why does
the sound become higher in pitch if I (blow) bend it
up?

Zombor