Re: [Harp-L] mb deluxe

The Hohner MDDL is a nice start to build a custom harp..
The reeds have a new a profile that keeps them longer in tune.Steve Baker
(the man behind this project) told me that he used a prototype during 40
gigs and the harp was still in tune.
My MBDL has some deep scratching marks from the factory tuning and in my
experience this will have a big influence on how quick a reeds gets out of
tune.
Fernando Breslau( from Hohner Germany) told me that they still are trying to
improve the tuning process.
Some players already mentioned that this kind of customizing(
tuning/regapping/embossing) is taking so much time that the price will go up
and in the end a MBDL will cost as much as a customized harp.
I think that a customized from the top customizers will always a better
choice ....they offer great service, know how to setup a harp after speaking
with a customer, etc etc...

I still use my Tim Moyer Marine Band a lot, had tom repalce 1 reed, rerune
it  a little, clean it but it's indeed a Working Man's harp(Thanks Tim.
I also have a Golden Melody from Tim and I replaced the original comb and
now it has wooden comb.....wonderful harp!!

Ben Bouman
www.marbletones.com
www.marble-amps.com
www.harmonicainstituut.nl