[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 24, Issue 31

       Look this is my 3rd draft (my 1st two crashed)
,
       Jon Popper's got some chops. A blues player he
ain'tHe's
like the McDonald's of harp playing. He serves up a
lot and it's mostly junk food. Don't ask me after 38
yrs. paying dues
to give him props. He's fooled enough people. Remember
Jimi Hendrix opened for the Monkees.
     Maybe if  the band name wasn't  Blues Traveler I
might give him a little slack. But there ain't no
blues comin' from his
direction so as far as I'm concerned  this isn't
advancement  of the harp (I mean really you'd rather
listen to him than Little
Walter, Sonny Boy Williamson, Wm Clarke, Kim Wilson,
Paul
Butterfield, Big Walter ????). How about getting a
tone that
makes you feel something ? His low  notes are not
happening. But what do I know ? I've just been doing
this for 38 yrs.
                                 Chris "Hammer' Smith

http://harp-l.org/mailman/htdig/harp-l/2005-January/msg00886.html

> It is very clear that it won't be possible to do the
> job of a
> customizer in industrial scale, but I am glad to
> hear that many of you
> have appreciated the improvements made on the
> harmonica, and I have
> taken note of the suggestions you made.
>
> But at the moment I am on vacation (great jams in
> Köln, Solingen and
> Osnabrück, unfortunately not Münster, hopefully in
> Berlin), and will
> continue to deal with that when I get back to Hohner
> on Tuesday.
>
> All the best,
> Fernando Bresslau

> Message: 2