Re: [Harp-L] John Popper - I'll say his name.

I'm not a huge fan, but he deserves respect:

1. A single listen to "Crash Burn" by Blues Traveler was enough to convince me that regardless of how I feel about his style, I know he plays the hell out of a harp.
2. He is a lead harp player / frontman in a band that is very widely recognized and successful. That is no small achievment in commercial music these days.
3. He plays his style, his way, and makes a better living at it than most people do.

So, I give him his props.