RE: [Harp-L] cover plate shaping: (Opening Cover Plates)

>From what I saw, and held in my own sweaty left hand - was a cover plate
that on top, seemed raised and moved forward, the bottom plate was also
a bit raised - what that shape did, was make the harp easy to hold with
left thumb, left index-finger - the cover plates combined seemed to be
shaped ergonomically for the left thumb and index-finger grip.
Additional benefit, I imagine, was to give more clearance to the lower
reeds. Basically, the harp has kind of a tear-drop shape.

Joe also uses one screw instead of two to attach the cover plate, so the
tab was also a bit askew.

If you think about it - having this shape would also help with holding a
mic in the left hand, and you'd be sure to have a nice hold on the harp
on top of the typical bullet mic. It would free your right hand greatly
for effects, since you'd have a firmer grip on the harp due to the shape
of the lids. Maybe the turbo lid folks can chime in on that cover shape
too - where it helps in holding a mic perhaps?

Right handedness would help, IF, you use the typical harp grip with the
left hand holding the harp, and the right creating the wah, cupping
effects. I can't imagine the left handed grip - opposite of the one I
describe - as I haven't tried it.